Friday, May 4, 2018

Montessori Classroom News May 4, 2018

Outdoor Classroom

We enjoyed working in our shaded outdoor classroom space Wednesday morning. Highlights included building with our brand new outdoor block set, learning some introductory woodworking skills (hammering and drilling), and planting in our garden beds. 




Making a trellis for the pea plants (our gardening is in partnership with the Center for Environmental Transformation - cfet.org)



Frogs!

We have been learning about the life cycle of frogs and the different stages of their metamorphosis (and practicing that big word!) This week we also enthusiastically welcomed some real tadpoles as guests to our classroom. Thank you, Mr. Don for providing us this amazing learning opportunity

This week we also sampled pea sprouts we grew with extra seeds. Most of the children wanted seconds!


This song is a current favorite. You can find a recording online and sing along!
All I Really Need 
By Raffi
Chorus: 
All I really need is a song in my heart
Food in my belly,
 And love in my family
All I really need is a song in my heart,
Love in my family

And I need the rain to fall
And I need the sun to shine
To give life to the seeds we sow
To give the food we need to grow
All I really need is a song in my heart
And love in my family
(chorus)
And I need some clean water for drinking
And I need some clean air for breathing
So that I can grow up strong,
Take my place where I belong
All I really need is a song in my heart
And love in my family

(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment